June 29

Week 5 Reflection-TechEdge

image

Tech Edge, iPads in The Classroom- Episode 129: More Early Childhood Apps – The episode that I choose to watch and learn about was NearPod you can either create you lesson on your own or you can shop at the store and use a lesson that is already created. There are numerous different options with the lesson plan. You select the lesson that goes with your unit. Then each student will have this right in front of them on their own device. It is an interactive lesson that students can learn in a hands on way. The teacher is able to see what every student has on their iPads and the work that they are doing with this particular lesson. They recommend that you use this a few times that way the students become comfortable with this particular learning style.

image

Tech Edge, iPads in the Classroom- Episode 137: Cool Collaborative Apps– This episode talked about an app called post-it. Allows group work to be able to share their work with one another. The students write information on a post-it note then take a picture of the note and then it allows it to be created on a specific board. Students are able to see other student post-it if the select the share option. These apps could be used as simple as what did you find was the most important part of the lesson. have the students write town one sentence and then the teacher would be able to formatively assess what the students learned through that lesson. I feel like this would be a fun beneficial app to use within the classroom.

image

image

The last episode that I watched was called Tech Edge, iPads in the Classroom- Episode 126: Faculty Apps- This episode talked about what to be prepared for with having students use iPads for the first time within the classroom. The episode talked about “google hangouts” allow the students to meet with their teacher about different questions. You can make a call, send a message and even send a document. This app would be beneficial to use if you were maybe teaching online classes. This episode also talked about maybe using Skype or FaceTime. Using this type of communication you can still provide the support that your students might need. I don’t think that I will need to use this type of communication method because I am wanting to teacher kindergarten or first grade. They would not have the access or the need to get ahold of me for video chat. I would be interacting with my students every day if they had questions. Although maybe the parents would like to use one of these methods for communication.

image

Posted June 29, 2015 by lschwalm in category Reflections